Building links is one of the most challenging jobs that an SEO expert has. It is even more challenging to build quality backlinks to your content. Yet, link-building is one of Google’s main parameters to decide the authority of pages and rank them in searches. It would surprise you to know that 94% of the Internet content does not have any external links, and only 2.2% have more than one. It puts even more responsibility on people tasked with marketing content to have a solid SEO strategy that puts extra emphasis on vital link-building with long-lasting effects.
Essential Factors For Assessing Links
On average, the page that ranks first in a Google search has 3.8 times more backlinks than the rest on the page. However, it is not just the number of important links. Excellent link-building service is one that takes into account the following while building links:
- Domain Authority – This refers to the weightage or value of the domain from which the link originates.
- Page Authority – It pertains to the value of a single linked page only.
- Anchor Text – There is debate regarding its fundamental importance in link-building. However, crawlers do use anchor text to assess the relevance of the link.
- Number Of Links – The number of links to your page is the easiest and crudest measure of authority.
- Root Domains – This is a more accurate representation of a link’s quality as it indicates how many different entities considered your content valuable.
- Position Of Links – It is an indication of how significant the link is to your content.
- Link Relevance – The closer the relationship between the linked contents, the greater is the link relevance.
Best Link-Building Services To Use For SEO
If you want to build links to your site, the best options to go with are:
- In-House SEO Expert Or Marketer – Most companies have their team of marketing and SEO professionals who work with content writers to build up links to their content.
- SEO Agencies – A lot of businesses prefer to outsource their link-building needs to SEO agencies. These agencies handle not only link-building but also other aspects of SEO.
- Content Marketing Agencies – Content marketing agencies are a broader category over SEO agencies. They take care of all the marketing needs of a company, including SEO and link-building.
- Guest Posting Services – Some agencies exist that create and publish guest posts that will link back to your concern.
- Outreach Services – Outreach programs work by reaching out to bloggers, writers, and editors and asking them to include backlinks to your site on their created content.
- Freelancer Gigs – Many freelancers also do link-building gigs out of freelancing sites. They provide these services on a smaller scale and only do link-building work.
Unless you are an expert, the most sensible course of outsourcing your link-building to an external service is that they are better positioned to build links and ensure that all the links are high-quality and not acquired using unscrupulous methods.