Local SEO is the most popular search optimization techniques among small businesses as they operate regionally in contrast to the global or national level. SEO helps to focus on a nation-wide audience and helps to increase your search ranking across the country. Local SEO prioritizes your search results to appear for the audience in a specific location.
The local SEO involves marketing your brand, product, and audience to local audiences and customers. Optimizing your website for Local SEO generates more website traffic, leads, and sales conversions since this strategy is more relevant to local audiences. The local SEO strategy helps to compete with larger companies with multiple resources.
According to recent research, about 35% of searches are local. Without local SEO, your website may lose a significant amount of traffic.
Below are some of the ways to make your Local SEO successful:
- Create a Google business account: The most effective way to rank higher in local SEO is to optimize your Google business account. This helps to improve your rankings in Google maps as well as enhance local results. In order to get access to Google’s business profile, just create Google my business account which includes a profile. Once you fill up all the required details in Google My Business account, the information will be added to your profile which also appears in Google maps and local search results.
- Optimize your website for mobile devices: According to recent research, mobile visits to websites have started growing 63% in 2017. Keeping your website mobile optimized will ensure that you will never miss the mobile users who are searching for your product/service.
- Get reviews from satisfied customers: Getting positive reviews from your satisfied customers improves the presence of Google My Business and also encourages customers to go for your products or services. Many customers believe reviews as personal recommendations. You can get reviews from customers after a successful purchase through email, feedback form, SMS, or a phone call.
- Optimize your website for voice search: It is good to optimize your website for voice search since many users who need instant information as Google voice assistant and your website should be able to give answers for relevant search queries.
- Use local keywords: Use long-tail keywords along with a place name to easily reach top rankings in Local SEO. People searching for your business in a particular region will be able to visit your website if they include place names in your keywords.
- Have a location page: It is good to have a location page with Google maps integration. The location page should have business hours, address, phone number, contact person name, customer testimonials, and parking availability.
To implement these steps professionally on your website, you need a trained SEO expert. If you do not have an in house digital marketing team, choose KevinMax Local SEO services.